Follow these five steps before your root canal treatment or during your root canal recovery, and a few situations that can cause you to need a root canal.
1. Take your antibiotics as prescribed by your dentist.
2. Relieve pain with anti-inflammatory medication that allows for reduction of inflamed periodontal fibers during your root canal recovery as tooth heals.
3. Give the tooth that has had a root canal started or completed some time to settle down and become more comfortable.
4. Avoid crunchy, hard or tough foods on a recently treated root canal tooth for several days afterward.
5. Having a crown made for a root canal treated tooth helps to maintain it, keep it intact, functional, and less likely to develop pain from fracturing.